Driving Directions – Ullapool to Badentarbet Pier
1. To get to Achiltibuie from Ullapool take the A835 North towards Ardmair and Lochinver. Continue along this road until you reach the Drumrunie junction where there is a signpost to Achiltibuie on your left.
2. From here you are on a single track road which has many passing spaces and passes below Stac Pollaidh. This road is 15 miles but must be negotiated carefully.
3. The road comes to a T-junction at Achnahaird beach where you turn left.
4. Follow this road for about 1 mile until you can see the Island of Tanera Mor – Take the next road to the Right.
5. Once you have turned right – Badentarbet pier is in front of you.
Driving Directions – Inverness to Ullapool
Driving directions to Ullapool
56.8 mi – about 1 hour 19 mins
1. Inverness is located on the A9 heading north from Perth and the Central Belt
2. Instead of turning left at the Longman roundabout into Inverness continue north over the Kessock Bridge heading to A835/Dingwall/Cromarty/Wick/Ullapool 5.9 miles
3. At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A835 heading to A862/Ullapool/Dingwall
4. Continue on to Ullapool 49.0 miles
Buses from Inverness Bus station (next to the railway station) 01463 233371
Rapsons (01463 710555) and Citylink (08705 505050) run Monday to Saturday services from Inverness to Ullapool
Ferry links to the outer and inner Hebrides with crossings from Ullapool to Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis; contact Caledonian MacBrayne booking office 01463 717680 / Ullapool office 01854 612358